Pages

January 29, 2010

Gardening Tip #1: Out with the Old

Howdy!
Gardening is a HUGE passion of mine. When I am not traveling, you can find me in any of my six distinct gardens. I love the fresh air, free tan, and getting my hands dirty.

Considering my green thumb, I thought I could give you guys insight into happy gardening every once in a while.






Tip 1:
It's time to cut out all of your dead growth and trim back overgrown shrubs.


The bulbs are sprouting their stalks, and it becomes more difficult each day to clip out the dead stuff surrounding the gorgeous new growth. If the plant grows back each year (like daffodils), trim the dead plants as close to the ground as you can. If it dies completely each year (like marigolds), gently dig out the root ball as well.

Remember to use your yard recycling bin to discard the debris.

This is my first blossom of 2010. It is a snowball, a 5" tall tiny bulb which splits often. (Meaning the bulb splits itself in two... more delight for next year!)


feel free to comment with your gardening questions!
________________________________________
Green Thumb Archives



Gardening Tip #1:  Out with the Old
Gardening Tip #2:  Quality (Pruners Clippers)
Gardening Tip #3:  Unfortunately time to weed
Gardening Tip #4:  Hot pink rubber gloves
Gardening Tip #5:  The perfect flower bouquet
Gardening Tip #6:  Get rid of Aphids naturally

No comments:

Post a Comment