Pages

January 26, 2011

The Vegan Diet: Day 1

Today I began a rather sadistic journey:  Two weeks of eating everything but meat products and sugar, all in the name of wishing for a lifestyle of less body pain.  Read the back story here. 

I'll be honest.  Today was obnoxious.  I spent almost every moment of it fixated on eating sugar.  I wasn't even hungry.  I just wanted ice cream or chocolate covered fruit or or or... I felt rather crazed.  Like I was trying to quit cigarrettes.  Cigarettes.  It makes me  happy that I didn't know how to spell the word on the first try.

Best food of the day:  I quickly chopped 1/2 onion, 2 zucchinis, and 2 garlic cloves and tossed them in a pan.  I tossed them into a bowl of Trader Joe's Creamy Corn & Roasted Pepper soup.  YUMMY!!!  Adding anything to soup is always a quick way of seasoning and creating a seemingly fancy meal.  Try veggies, noodles, and/or rice.

Guiltless Cheat:  I needed dinner and was out of the house.  My raw almonds and dried cranberries were entirely uninteresting.  A friend purchased a carved turkey sandwich for me.  It was amazing. (I actually do feel a bit guilty.)

And I enjoyed my dark chocolate.

---
In other news, my bowels seem to have "awoken."  It is healthy to need to use the bathroom more often, and my stool has a more natural tone and consistency, but it's a bit bothersome to need to go to the bathroom on short notice.

Only two weeks.  ONLY two weeks.  That's what I must remind myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment