Pages

January 27, 2011

The Vegan Diet: Day 2

Today is Day 2 of no animal products or sugar.  Read the back story here.

Lately I've also been devoid of energy.  Last night I slept 10 hours and woke up in less pain (thank God!), but still feel exhausted.
Over all:  Feeling decent.  It was a MUCH easier day than yesterday.  I have hope.

Best food item of the day:  I made my first ever green smoothie.   2 bananas, a huge wad of spinach, and V8 100% juice to mix it up.  I was shocked to find that it doesn't taste like spinach or grass or weeds at all.  I really enjoyed it.  

Cheat:  One tablespoon of fresh grated Parmesan cheese on my Great Harvest bread (with olive oil and salt.)  YUM.  I wanted a Sprite SO bad, until I read that it has 30x the grams of sugar that my chocolate does.  I'm proud that I have done so well!

---
Bowels seem to have balanced out.  I have no urgency in my need for a toilet, but  I'm surprised, considering I'm eating about 10x the fruit and veggies the average American eats.  We'll see how it all ends up :)

---
Feel free to leave any comments with any food suggestions or thoughts -
Cheers!

Check out those spinach chunks!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are giving things a go! I wish you well in it and will chime in as I have help to give.

    Concerning the green smoothie, you might also try it using just water or almond milk instead of V8 and see what you think of it. Also, adding some cinnamon can give it a nice, sweet kick with several health benefits, including regulating blood sugar!

    For an extra thick, extra creamy smoothie freeze the bananas first (peel them, cut them in half, stick them in a ziplock and put in the freezer over night)!

    ReplyDelete