Pages

February 16, 2011

The Vegan Diet: Day 22. The Dr. Robert O. Young green smoothie

I masterfully completed my mission:  A giant taste test of Dr. Robert O. Young's green smoothie.  Check out my 8 varieties below.
---
Best meal today:  Oatmeal, unsweetened coconut, pecans, and dried cranberries.
Off-Diet:  None!  Day two at 100%!
--
I believe I've lost about 3 lbs in the last three weeks.  I'll attempt to remember to weigh myself in the morning.
--
I am still strategizing on how to repair my sleep cycle.  At times I cannot fall asleep, at times I cannot stay asleep.  I typically begin to sleep deeply at about 6 am.  If I have a particularly sleepless night, I often choose to sleep in for most of the morning.  If I do not, I feel awful and in a great amount of pain for the entire day following.
Any suggestions?

Actions already in place:
1.  1/4 dose of the active ingredient in Tylenol PM (Meaning I do not take any Tylenol)
2.  New mattress topper.
3.  Addition of a PVC tent at the foot of my bed to relieve the weight of the blankets on my feet
4.  Electric blanket to not wake up cold.
5.  Melatonin.  3 mg at midnight
6.  No chocolate after 5 pm.  Perhaps caffeine is keeping me up?
7.  No water after 11 pm.  I often awoke needing to urinate.  I don't have a better solution...

---
Dr. Young's base:  Kale, spinach, celery, parsley, and cucumber.  

The first blend was chewy chunky.  I think Robert juiced his... and I'm stuck with a blender.
Tests:
Base + 1/2 apple
Base + 1/2 apple + cinnamon
Base + 1/2 orange
Base + 1/2 avocado

Results:  I found the apple and avocado palatable.   The others were undesirable.  I entirely forgot banana, and would have also tested berries if they were in season.  Right now berries are simply cost prohibitive.
...And then I was reminded that I ought to add almond juice to the base.  New mixes:

Base + 1/2 apple + cinnamon + hazelnut chocolate = FANTASTIC
Base + 1/2 orange + almond milk = I actually began to heave.  Yuck.
Base + 1/2 orange + hazelnut chocolate = tolerable.

I barely drank half of what I made.  It's heavy stuff.

Today I also ate leftovers from yesterday's turmeric skillet and a pb&j.

No comments:

Post a Comment